Monday, October 10, 2011

Welcome Neubies

Thinking back to the days when I was a neubie, (Which was only one short quarter ago) I realize that things happened to be a lot tougher than I thought they would be. I struggled at first to keep up with the pace of things and I started to lose sleep due to procrastination. Well I turned my act around and was able to get myself on track and passed all of my classes like a champ. The purpose of this article is to actually inform all incoming students of the dangers that surround procrastination. It is the most volatile of the bad habits that college students seem to show during these few short years that we have together.

First things first, I would suggest doing all work the moment it is given to you. Work and it as much as you can but do not lose sleep over it. Here at Neumont sleep is a very important thing to students because if you start to lose it you begin to fall asleep during class and not keep up with what needs to be kept up with. Time management is important as well due to it encompassing all of the previous topics I have covered. All in all I would say that it is important to keep track of all of these topics and keep control on what you do and when. Do your work but sleep when you can, and play games to relive stress but do not focus on them to the point that your grades fall. A slogan here at Neumont is GB4G which stands for “Grades before Games” and if you live by this you will succeed here at Neumont.

Maintain your body and your time. A lot of students find themselves eating less healthy and resorting to junk food and mass amounts of caffeine. This is not a good habit to get into due to its effect on one’s health. Eventually it will cause you to not have as much energy and your physical properties will begin to lack and expand. I would say the most important part of eating healthy is what all of our parents have told us and that is to eat our vegetables and eat balanced meals. It sounds like a lecture but it is extremely important to follow if you want to stay healthy and not end up being that troll under the bridge who is a code monkey.

If you follow all advice given in this article and use common sense while attending this fine institution of learning then you will succeed and end up graduating in 2.5 years with a diploma that means around 60k a year depending on who hires you. Neumont is known for great coders and good leaders, so wouldn’t you want to be part of the legacy that Neumont is creating. While attending just remember to eat right, do not procrastinate, and manage your time effectively. Personally I have yet to grasp all of these 100% but since I am on my way to getting these skills to that point then I will one day graduate and be able to look back with pride. As a student that has already experienced Neumont for its level of hard work and dedication I openly welcome you to Neumont as new students on their way to a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Neumont Twitter Feed